Friday, July 15, 2011

Showers... Baby or Bridal it doesn't matter...

So.. I have a lot of friends that have gotten married and I didn't go to their Bridal Showers... I bought them a gift, but never went. I have had a lot of friends have babies... and I have neglected going to the Baby Showers...

I'm trying to make a change here with my wedding and trying to become more open to the idea of showers of any kind... I'm not quite sure what overcomes me when it comes time to go to or be apart of a shower that has me running for the door... 
Either way... I don't like them...

Now, I love seeing people's faces when they open up the presents I got them... and I like receiving presents... but having everyone sitting around, being the center of attention, playing weird games, being in a room full of ZERO testosterone... SORTA MAKES ME NERVOUS and gives me anxiety!

I don't know what it is... But I wanted to apologize to those friends I haven't supported. I'm trying hard to get over my weird ways, and embrace everything about being a woman!! 
It's just sometimes difficult.

Please bear with me... :) 

4 comments:

  1. Come to mine and have fun playing weird games! But I agree I don't like to be the center of it when everyone is watching you open presents. I did feel weird doing that at my bridal shower and sure I will with the baby shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm totally coming to your shower... :) I will probably be a little weird. So please don't judge! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. Not a fan of the weird games, so I didn't do any. No big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! I'm glad I'm not the only one Shannon! :)

    ReplyDelete