Wednesday, November 23, 2011

...Oven Cleaning...

So.. This house that we moved into has been so gross! 
I will post pictures of the before/after in my next post so you can see for yourself. 
We have moved in and have been living in our little blue house for almost a month (Oct. 29th) 
& there is STILL so much work to do! But it looks sooo much better already! :) 

Anyways, I decided that I was going to try and tackle the oven.... 
It was scary... but after searching on my beloved Pinterest I found EXACTLY what I was looking for... :)

Here's what you need to get this started...

Now this is what my oven LOOKED like:



Gross.... Right?? How do people cook in this?

Anyways, I first scraped off the big chunks with the spatula and threw them away...
Then I sprinkled the baking powder all over the really nasty parts the entire thing.

Then I put the vinegar in spray bottle and sprayed the baking soda. 
It pops and fizzes and makes these little bubbles all over the grime!


Then after I let it sit for 20 minutes, I took some paper towels (I didn't have a sponge) and wiped everything off. It wipes off SO much easier than all the chemicals in Oven Cleaner.  

Finally... My oven now looks like this:





I think it could use another treatment...
But, it looks SOOO much better... right?


No comments:

Post a Comment